Loved this window display, spotted on the Keizersgracht, around the corner from the Cupcake Bakery. Coming up this week…
- Taste of Amsterdam will take place from September 22-25 at the Amstelpark – four days of summer eating, drinking and entertainment, aka, foodie heaven (if it isn’t one already!) Tickets can be purchased here.
- If you haven’t been already, visit Foam on the Keizersgracht, for the exhibition Still/Life, via amsterdamNOW. This exhibition presents work by Dutch photographers with the central theme of still life, the collection of unanimated objects. Foam is open daily from 10-6pm (and 9pm on Thursday and Friday evenings). Click here for ticket prices.
- And how about trying out a new coffee place? Two for Joy Coffee Roasters just opened a new location on the Haarlemmerdijk 182 a few days ago, can’t wait to try it! Their other location is Frederiksplein 29.
- If you were planning on going to visit the Stedelijk Museum at some point, why not go this Friday or Saturday, when the museum is holding a book sale in the Cafe Stedelijk. You’ll be able to find books, catalogues and magazines from the museum collection as well as other publications from abroad, all for great prices. So check out the museum on Friday, September 23rd and Saturday, September 24th between 10am and 5pm, via amsterdamNOW. See my recent review of the Stedelijk Museum here.
- If you’ve been following these “coming up” posts (here and here), you might have noticed that the different areas of Amsterdam have been celebrating with weekend festivals. Now there’s an art and cultural festival in Amsterdam East, called Rode Loper, on September 24th and 25th. Check out the program here.
- Same goes for the Sunday Markets, there’s another one this Sunday, September 25th but this time it’s a part of the Wendingen Festival, a festival that celebrates architecture, art, etc. in the Chassébuurt in De Baarsjes, in Amsterdam West. There will be performances, art shows/route, boat tours, walking tours and more. The market will be located at Piri Reis, Baarsjesweg 220 on Sunday from 12-6pm.
- Another Puremarkt, but this time at Park Frankendael, also on Sunday from 11am-6pm.
- And Sunday, September 25th, is the last day of the “Cool Globes” exhibition at the Cultuurpark Westergasfabriek!
- Last but not least, this September 26, 27 and 28th, check out the Patterns + Pleasure festival, a festival and symposium celebrating the “new adventures in live electronic music and beyond.” Check out the festival program, information about tickets and festival location.
Click for more Amsterdam Insights, published every Wednesday, and here for previous Coming Up posts: 1, 2, 4 and 5.