Mmm delicious goods at Two For Joy Coffee Roasters. Coming up this week in Amsterdam…
- Starting today, till October 30th, the Jewish Historical Museum is celebrating it’s 10th annual Jewish Film Festival! Highlights include a Woody Allen late-night marathon at Pathe Tuschinski Theater, starting at 9.30pm on Saturday, October 29th and showing movies like Annie Hall, Manhattan and Hannah and Her Sisters all the way through to 6am on Sunday, October 30th. A ticket for 27.50 euros includes breakfast the next morning!
- It’s Halloween weekend! How about some Halloween-related festivities? The Halloween Horror Show at Pathe Tuchinski on Saturday, October 29th is one for scary-movie buffs (27.50 euros buys you entrance to 4 movies). The first ever Amsterdam Zombie Walk will take place on October 29th, starting at the Rokin metro station at 8.30pm and ending at the Westerpark! More Amsterdam Halloween-related events here.
- Since it is Halloween weekend, why not indulge in some chocolate-y goodness at Jordino (Haarlemmerdijk 25A), Puccini (Staalstraat 17 & Singel 184) or the newly opened Sucre (Hobbemastraat 2)?
- In other news… The Affordable Art Fair celebrates its 5th anniversary in Amsterdam. From the 27th till the 30th of October, the AAF will take place at the Westerpark (ohhh the Westerpark just has cool things happening all the time like the “Cool Globes” exhibition, Sunday Market…) Buy your tickets in advance here and click here for more information.
- Need a pick me up? Check out one of the nominees for the Time Out Amsterdam ‘Best of Amsterdam Awards 2011,’ either The Coffee Connection (Nieuwezijds Kolk 33), De Koffie Salon (Utrechtsestraat 130, 1e C. Huygensstraat 82 & 1e van der Helststraat 66), Screaming Beans (Hartenstraat 12), Il Tramezzino (Utrechtsestraat 24 & Haarlemmerstraat 79a) or Two for Joy Coffee Roasters (Frederiksplein 29 & Haarlemmerdijk 182). Don’t forget to vote for your favorite nominee!
- Are you a book person? Why not check out the Amsterdam Antiquarian Book, Map and Print Fair on Friday, October 28 from 2-8pm and Saturday, October 29 from 10am-6pm at the Passenger Terminal Amsterdam (Piet Hein Kade 27). Entry is 5 euros.
- The Puremarkt isn’t over yet! Check out this weeks’ market at Park Frankendael, the largest and most important ecological park in Amsterdam. Visit the market between 11am and 6pm on Sunday, October 30th.