Keep an eye out for street art in Amsterdam. This is a piece by Irish street artist Karma, spotted somewhere along the Prinsengracht the other week. Coming up this week in Amsterdam…
- Head to the Dam Square on November 24th at 19.00 for the annual “Turn on the Lights,” a spectacular light show by the Bijenkorf.
- The famous TEDx talks comes to the Stadsschouwburg in Amsterdam on November 25th. Even though the tickets are free, they’re invitation only, so the American Book Center (Spui 12) invites you to stop by the ABC Amsterdam Treehouse on the day to watch a live stream of the event!
- The exhibition ‘The Art of Hacking‘ at the Netherlands Media Art Institute (NIMk) has been extended to November 26th so be sure not to miss this! Also, check out how you can help the NIMk who is facing a possible 100% cut in funding as of January 1, 2013.
- Last few days of the IDFA: International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam. Check here for a list of documentaries for the rest of the week.
- On Sunday November 27, Amsterdam is hosting its first ever Art and Design Book Fair at Pakhuis de Zwijger (Piet Heinkade 179). You’ll find the newest books on art, fashion, architecture, photography, illustration and design, along with lectures and interviews. From 11am to 5pm.