A beautiful view over the Keizersgracht from last week. This week in Amsterdam…
- Pizza and a movie, could there be a better combination? Kriterion (Roetersstraat 170) hosts pizza+movie nights for only 13 euros on Wednesday nights (and the pizzas from De Pizzabakkers on Plantage Kerklaan 2). Last week I watched Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy which was intriguing! Click here for the program.
- Other film locations include Cinecenter (Lijnbaansgracht 236), Het Ketelhuis (Pazzanistraat 4), The Movies (Haarlemmerdijk 161-163), De Nieuwe Anita (Frederik Hendrikstraat 11), OT301 (Overtoom 301), Pathe Tuschinski (Reguliersbreestraat 26-34) and Rialto (Ceintuurbaan 338).
- At the American Book Center (Spui 12) this weekend there will be a “Book by Weight Sale” on Saturday 14 January and Sunday 15 January from 11am to 5pm. Grab all the books you want and pay 5 euros per kilo!
- Looking to become a writer, or are you a writer and looking for a quick refresher course? Join Lisa Friedman at the Amsterdam Writing Workshop for a 2 day crash course on The Short Story, this weekend Saturday 14 January and Sunday 15 January from 1-5pm at the Amsterdam Central Library.
- Sunday 15 January is your LAST chance to visit the ‘The Discovery of Man‘ exhibition at the University of Amsterdam Bijzondere Collecties (Oude Turfmarkt 129). Expect a history of anatomical science.
- Have you picked up the January edition of Time Out Amsterdam magazine? The feature is great, ‘Amsterdam’s Future Foretold.’ Can be found at the major bookstores in Amsterdam including the American Book Center (Spui 12) and Athenaeum (Spui 14-16) or online.
- And if you’re planning a trip to Amsterdam in the near future, don’t forget previous Amsterdam Insight posts with restaurants, shops, museums and more from the months September, October, November and December.