Remember Cafe George (Leidsegracht 84)? Well I recently stopped by its little brother, the George Deli U.S.A (Utrechtsestraat 17) on the Rembrandtplein for a quick lunch the other day. Coming up this week in Amsterdam…
- The much anticipated opening of the EYE Film Institute will take place tomorrow night, Thursday 5 April! It is located opposite Amsterdam Central Station on the northern banks of the River IJ and the spectacular building was designed by the Viennese agency Delugan Meissl Associated Architects. The new building hosts a large exhibition space and four cinemas with a total of 640 seats, and will be open daily from 10:00 until 01:00 on weekdays and until 02:00 at the weekend.
- How cute is this Amsterdam Bed & Breakfast, Cake Under My Pillow, owned by the girls of the kooky cake shop, De Taart Van Mijn Tante (1e Jacob van Campenstraat 35) via Lost & Found Magazine.
- Easter weekend means brunch… What about an omelette and french fries at Cafe George (Leidsegracht 84), scrambled eggs at Greenwoods (Singel 103), home-made hummus on thick brown bread at Latei (Zeedijk 143), a delicious brie and grilled chicken sandwiche at Singel 404 (Singel 404) or a bowl of fresh yoghurt and muesli with honey, nuts and apples at Toos & Roos (Herengracht 309)?
- And walks through the markets. There’s the Albert Cuypmarkt in De Pijp, the large flea market up north called the IJ-Hallen, fresh biological produce at the Nieuwmarkt and Noordermarkt on Saturdays and the lively Waterlooplein flea market.
- Have you heard of the Stadsboeren (City Farmers)? They have created a beautiful open space in Bellamytuin, Oud-West, Amsterdam. In this film you see how it all started.
- Have you picked up the latest issue of Time Out Amsterdam magazine? The April ‘Movies’ issue is on stands now!
- Other great Amsterdam tips from Lost & Found Magazine, Overdose.am and Petite Passport (Amsterdam).
- If you’re traveling to Amsterdam in the near future, check out my full Amsterdam Insights roundup of the past 6 months. Cafes, shops, museums, restaurants and more!